RRB Junior Engineer (JE) & Senior Section Engineer (SSE) Recruitment Selection Process, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is going to conduct a common recruitment examination for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant, Senior Section Engineer and Chief Depot Material Superintendent.
In this article, we will discuss the Selection process and detailed exam syllabus for RRB JE & SSE Exam.
RRB JE & SSE Recruitment Selection Process
The selection process of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) involves following three phases.
- Online Exam
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
Phase 1: Online Exam
RRB will conduct an online examination as the first step in the recruitment process. The online exam will be based on following pattern
- Exam mode: Online
- Objective Multiple Choice Questions
- Paper language: English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages
- No. of Questions: 150
- Negative marking: 1/3 marks to be deducted for each wrong answer
- No. of Subjects: 6
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence
- General Science
- Technical Ability
Of 150 questions, 90 questions are asked from Technical Ability & General Science subjects and 60 questions from the General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
Since there is no Interview for this recruitment, candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be selected based on performance in Online examination.
RRB JE SSE Online Exam Syllabus
The online exam is mainly based on educational knowledge and technical qualifications. Post-wise syllabus is as following
- Junior Engineer, Jr Research Engineer & Depot Material Superintendent: Basic concepts of science (class X standard); Civil; Mechanical; Electrical Electronics; Computers; Environment & Pollution Control; Instrumentation & Measurement and Engineering Drawing/ Graphics
- Sr Section Engineer, Sr Research Engineer & Chief Depot Material Superintendent: Basic concepts of science (class XII standard); Civil; Mechanical; Electrical, Electronics; Computers; Environment & Pollution Control; Instrumentation & Measurement and Engineering Drawing/ Graphics
- Junior Engineer (IT): MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization; C , C++ & Java language; Information systems; DBMS; System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD; Data & Network communication; Web technology & programming; Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control
- Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant: Basic concepts of Fuel; Material Science; Polymers; Thermodynamics; Applied Chemistry; Computers; Instrumentation & Measurement; Environment & Pollution Control
Phase 2: Document Verification
Successful candidates in online examination will be called for document verification round for which they need to carry original & photocopies of following documents
- Matriculation/ High School Examination Certificate or Equivalent certificate (Proof for Date of Birth and Matric qualification)
- Diploma/ Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate for SC/ ST
- Caste Certificate for OBC
- Income Certificate for Waiving Examination Fee
- Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
- NOC from serving employees/ Ex-Servicemen
- Minority declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper
Phase 3: Medical Examination
A medical fitness test(s) will be held for candidates, who are recommended for appointment after above rounds.