IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern 2015-16, Latest IBPS Specialist Officers Online Exam Syllabus
IBPS conducts a common recruitment process (CRP) every year for the recruitment of specialist officers in various participating banks. Candidates, who are going to participate in IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment 2015-16, can check here detailed syllabus and exam pattern for the online exam.
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Online
- Questions Type: Objective
- Paper Language: English & Hindi
- Total Marks: 200
- Total duration: 2 hrs
- No. of Subjects: 4
- Reasoning – 50 marks
- English Language – 25 marks
- 50 marks
1. General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry (For Law Officer – Scale I & Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I posts)
2. Quantitative Aptitude (For I.T Officer (Scale I), Agriculture Field Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I) & Marketing Officer (Scale I) posts)
- Professional Knowledge – 75 marks
- Negative marking: Yes, -0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- Cutoff: Individual and On total
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam Syllabus (Detailed)
Sitting Arrangement, Series Completion, Syllogism, Decision Making, Statement Reasoning, Analogy, Coding Decoding, Blood Relation, Series Completion, Analogy, Classification.
Word Formation, Passage Correction, Sentence Correction, Spelling, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, Theme detection, Passage Completion, Conclusion.
Numbers, Simplification, Roots, Average, Surds & Indices, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Boats & Streams, Allegations , Simple and Compound Interest, Stocks & Shares, Clocks, Logarithms, Mensuration, Volume & Surface Area, Permutation & combination, Probability, Heights & Distances Partnership, Chain Rule, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Problems on Trains, Pipes & Cisterns, Tabulation, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Pie Charts.
Questions from respective fields – Agriculture, Law, Marketing, IT and HR
- IT Officer: Data Base Management System (DBMS) – Approx 15-20 Questions will be asked from RDBMS, E- R Diagrams, Normalization, Overview of SQL queries, Transaction Management. Also 10-20 questions will be asked from Data Communication & Networking, IP Addressing (Subnetting), Network, Architecture, OSI Model, TCP-IP Model, Data Communication. Around 10-12 ques. from topics like Operating System – Types of OS, Semaphore, Scheduling, Network Security, Cyber Crimes – Risk Management, Firewall, Cryptography, Process thread, Dead Lock, Memory Partitioning, Page Replacement, Computer organization, Hardware, Microprocessor, Bus Structure etc. 5-8 ques. from Software Engineering and data structure topics like SDLC, Software Development Models, Array, Linked List, Stacks etc. Around 2-6 ques. from Web Technologies and basics of Programming Languages topics like HTML Tags, XML, Network Security, basics of C, C++, OOP languages.
- Marketing Officer: Marketing mix (4-Ps of Marketing), brand management, basic knowledge of retail management, business ethics, services marketing (additional People, Process & physical evidence), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), copyrights, trademarks, patents, marketing strategy (horizontal, vertical etc.), corporate social responsibility.
Also check, IBPS Specialist Officer Selection Process
General/ Banking Awareness
Knowledge of current events, India and its neighboring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economy, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research etc. Banking awareness covers Economy, Banking and Finance.
IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS RRB Syllabus