AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern, IAF AFCAT 2018 Syllabus, AFCAT Selection Process
Starting from January 2018, AFCAT examination will be held online, twice every year. AFCAT 2018 Registrations has begun. Read details and apply online here
Here, we will discuss AFCAT Selection process, Written Exam syllabus and paper pattern in detail
AFCAT Selection Process and Exam Pattern
AFCAT 2018 Selection Process and Examination Pattern
IAF conducts a written examination as the first phase for the selection of Officers through AFCAT exam. The selection is done in three phases including
- Stage-I: Online Examination
- Stage-II: SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
Stage-I: Entrance Test
The detailed exam pattern is as below
- Test nature: Online
- Total Duration: 2 hours
- Questions type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total no. of Questions: 100
- Total marks: 300 (each question worth 3 marks)
- Negative marking: 1 mark for every wrong answer
- Subjects if Written test
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical ability
- General Awareness
- Military Aptitude
Only candidates, who clear the stage-I, will be promoted to stage-II where document verification will be done to ensure the eligibility of candidates.
Stage-III of the AFCAT selection process involves Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview conducted by the Staff Selection Board (SSC).
Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT)
PABT test will be conducted only for Flying branch applicants.
Also check, AFCAT Sample & Previous Question Papers
AFCAT 2018 Syllabus
AFCAT written examination will include questions from the following subjects and topics
- Verbal Ability English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Synonyms, Antonyms, and Testing of Vocabulary, Sentence Completion etc.
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, and Simple Interest, Profit & Loss
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- General Awareness: History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics, Civics, Basic Sciences, Defence, Art etc.